Thursday, June 13, 2019

SPINNING

It started out from a comment my cousin, Sue, made.  I just love spinning and creating my own yarn.

I had never thought of making my own yarn.  It sat there percolating in my brain for over 2 years.  

The next thing I know, I asked for a spinning kit for Christmas.  My husband is always thrilled when I provide gift ideas.  So it was ordered right away.  I needed to finish a baby afghan I had started so the drop spindle kit was my "carrot" at the end of the project!  

The middle of January found me dropping my spindle more than spinning.   I finally got the hang of it and I was into yarn making.  Oh it had it big and little-thick and thin places but I was feeling accomplished!  


I kept up and things got a little better!  
I added some color and felt like I was getting somewhere.  
Now in this process I had to add my spinning tools.  I got a lazy Kate (my Valentine's day gift) to help me ply my yarn and a kniddy knoddy to help me prepare for washing my yarn and then putting on my swift before turning it into balls!










Then I had to knit something.  I started with my first spinning and plying and then added the color and and white plied together.









I finished with the big white that I had first spun.  

I was hooked.!


















No comments:

Post a Comment